Dell 3180 Student Device
Things to Know...
- Students cannot save to the student devices (they have to save to their OneDrive)
- They can temporarily save items to Downloads or Images to Pictures (however, those documents/images will disappear after they sign-out)
- NOTE REGARDING DESKTOPS:
- Students do not have an H: Drive (this means that if they save something on a desktop computer, it stays on that computer --students have to save documents in their One Drive
- The homepage cannot be set.
- For teachers: Items that are helpful to have when troubleshooting issues: extra power cord (if a device isn't charging, try charging with another device's power cord), extra set of earbuds/headphones.
- To prevent a good portion of technical issues, student devices should be: (1) left ON, (2) plugged in, and (3) signed out overnight (this ensures all devices have the latest updates.)
If these tips do not work, please email our school technician at [email protected] with a description of your problem.
What is Your Issue?
Work Order Tickets and Printable Tips
Student Device Orientation Quickstart - PowerPoint Presentation
|Work Order Ticket (2 per page)|
Login Differences (Small PowerPoint Poster for Classroom use)
|Work Order Ticket (Full page)|
Student Troubleshooting Tips (Reference guide suitable for teachers and students -- post in classroom or one at each learning station)
**Since troubleshooting fixes change periodically, it is not recommended to print a reference sheet for individual students --one/two for each learning station should be sufficient.